So I felt a little foolish at first, cause I didn't know the first thing about operating my camera. Seriously, I had to keep raising my hand asking for help. The teachers, Megan and Marisa, said that I must never used auto mode again, that I must always use manual. Well, I had to raise my hand and ask "how do I turn my camera to manual?"
(This is embarrasing but I am going to do it anyway.) Here are the first few pictures I took:
Compare the following picture with the previous one. I do think I improved at least a little.
Here is a little series of pictures where you can see that I am trying to capture more light. I took six pictures of this ornament, here are the 1st,
& 6th.
Although I didn't have quite enough light on this cute little gal, I did like the composition.
Two outside pictures. It was hard for me to figure out all the settings inside. Outside was a little easier because there was so much more light. I like how she is kindof curved into an s shape
This picture is not amazing, but I did like the composition, if you notice in the background there is a ton of crazy stuff. That's what the whole Red Star Mill in American Fork was like. Just all kinds of weird, old, interesting, cool stuff. (I bought a painting for my bedroom. I found it in an antique bathtub.)
I took 253 photos (until my battery died). I only liked about 20 of them, most of which were in the last 100. So I have a long way to go, but I think I improved quite a bit in one day. I can't wait to practice more tomorrow morning!
So glad you got to do this Jamie!!!
ReplyDeleteOooh, way to go! So many of mine turn out way too dark, but then again, I only have a little camera. What kind of camera do you have?
ReplyDeleteWay to go, Jamie! I think that you definitely improved. I would love to take a photography class some day too. Maybe you can teach me some tips sometime!
ReplyDeletePhotography is so fun! We got our SLR camera about a year and a half ago, and we've had so much fun learning since then. That's great you're taking this class!
ReplyDelete