Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Jill

Jill is six. This is a poem she memorized about turning six.

"When I was one I had just begun.
When I was two I was nearly new.
When I was three I was hardly me.
When I was four I was not much more.
When I was five I was just alive.
But now I am six, and I'm clever as clever,
So I think I'll stay six now forever and ever."
--A. A. Milne

I want Jill to stay six forever too.
We had a pizza birthday. Pizza for dinner and fruit pizza instead of cake.
I think Jill got all of her birthday wishes granted.
She got money from Grandma Killian. And Petshops from Grandma Nancy.
And a beautiful doll from Grandma Jody.
Molly wanted to give Jill a present but Mom didn't have time to take her to the store. So she crafted a homemade gift. And wrapped it herself.
Here is the front:
And here is the back. Hmmmm, Grandma Jody, can you make any sense of this?
Mommy and Daddy gave Jill her own reading light and book holder because she is becoming such a great reader. (pictures to come) Also, tomorrow Jill gets to start piano lessons. I think six is going to be an exciting year!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jill! I love the "Please Do Not Throw Away". Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Happy Bithday Jillie! And her cake looks sooo yummy. Jamie- your pics are so fun to see- they are great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Jill! She was only 2 when we moved in! Time goes by so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't tell your other kids but I think Jillian is my favorite. I love her name because it was my roommate's name, I love that she is the 2nd child like myself, and I love her quiet goodness that I witness every time I visit. I hope she had a Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot believe how much she looks like YOU! Honestly, she looks like a little Jamie with blond hair. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete