My kids always work on memorizing poetry for school. I thought I would give them a chance to show off what they have been working on recently.
Elliot just passed off "Peter, Peter, pumkin eater". He sometimes get confused, but he really does know it.
Jill's poem is "Clouds" by Christina Rosetti
White sheep, white sheep,
On a blue hill,
When the wind stops
You all stand still.
When the wind blows
You walk away slow.
White sheep, white sheep,
Where do you go?
Molly's poem is "Sunrise" by Katherine Kosmak
I've never seen the great sun rise,
For then I am in bed;
The sands of slumber in my eyes
Hold down my drowsy head.
I think the sun climbs up the sky
And throws the clouds away,
Then girds her flaming tunic high
And strides to meet the day.
Soft-touched by bird's wings is her head
Her feet caressed by trees;
She turns their leaves to gold and red
And stoops to drink the seas.
One more from Elliot. Here he will sing the ABC's. (We recently noticed that Elliot might be tone deaf. But he makes up for it with confidence!)
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment