Thursday, February 26, 2009

Overheard

Molly: (while cleaning up) The gunny-man is exactly like Santa, except he takes toys away. (at breakfast) Hey mom, is this breast-milk or cow-milk? (while playing with Jill) All you need is one more finger and you will have 12 ... all you need is one more finger on each hand! Jill: (to Elliot) You can't be SWORD! You can only be rock, paper, or scissors! Today in Primary I learned about Joseph Smith. He didn't know which Church to join so he went to the grave to pray. Elliot: Mom, do I have a forehead? Yes. No, I don't! (When asked a question) Uh-huh-uh. (Not sure if that means yes or no...) Anna can't say very much yet, but all the sounds she makes are adorable. I hope you enjoyed that small snippet of the kind of humor I am exposed to daily. I keep a little notebook in which I write kid-isms. I highly recommend this for everyone. You'll be glad you did! p.s. Just for the record, I have never put breast-milk on their cereal!

6 comments:

  1. I love the breast-milk or cow's milk comment, hilarious! I also like your husband's comment about the Barbie movies (no one offended here!). I am not a big fan of those flicks, but my girls are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture of your girls at the beginning of your post. I think kids say such funny things! I write down the funny things that my kids say as well. Do you have a whole book for Dave? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karyn,
    I should have a whole book for Dave! He just gets mingled in with the kids though...sometimes that seems more appropriate! (Sorry Dear!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever, I visited you once and saw your kids drinking breast milk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha! Oh, Jamie. You crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures! Kids really do say the funniest things, as well as husbands! (especially Dave)

    ReplyDelete