I wrote a very long and sort of whiney blog post about how much I miss the Murray Library (and how much I dislike South Jordan Library). But then I thought you would all be bored with it. It had no pictures and it had alot of angst.
What it all comes down to is this: Would I be crazy to drive 1/2 an hour each (once a week) to go to a really amazing library where people were nice to me and the fines were low?

Anna and I await your answers.
CUTE picture! Sad day that the South Jordan library isn't as good...I say you do what you need to do for a good library experience!! I still go to the Ashburn library, even though it's 45 minutes away. The DC library system is not that great.
ReplyDeleteI would do it. Plus, time in the car with your kids can be well spent...I find out all kinds of things about my kids when we talk in the car. Did you know that Collin has a uterus?
ReplyDeleteI don't think that you are crazy! I still go to the Salt Lake county library system (either Sandy or Whitmore) every time that I come to visit my mother-in-law. I don't have as much selection down here in Pleasant Grove. Our library is small. I find a lot more for teaching preschool up there than down here. No, you are not crazy!!!
ReplyDeleteDanny rocks the house!!
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to take a good scenic drive every so often. If you've got the time, go for it!
ReplyDeleteI love the Murray library! You will find it ironic that I prefer the South Jordan Library over the Taylorsville Library (which is the nearest library to us). I discovered the S.J. library when my daughter had dance class nearby last year. HOWEVER, the Murray library staff are the best! They are friendly and helpful and actually remember who you are! You are more than a card number. I say it is definitely worth the drive if you have the time!
ReplyDeleteNo - get your booty over here and come say hi while you are at it!! :)
ReplyDeleteNo, but seriously, if we move 1/2 way through the year i fully intend to bring Everett to school everyday- i just don't want him to have to switch ya know? and i love his little school and teachers. so- it's not that far, and it's only 1 day a wk :)
I miss Danny also. He was so cute and weird and wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI drive Jared 70 minutes to school and back every day. It was a huge decision to send him to a better school and thus commit myself to so much daily driving. Is it worth it? Well, we've talked about his educational situation, but yes, it's worth it, because he's getting a better education. You rely on the library a lot to teach your kids, so I say it's worth it.
ReplyDeleteCan you request books online and all that? Knowing the books I need are ready and waiting for me make a trip to the library so much less stressful! And then you know the drive is worth it.