Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Service Opportunity

So if you've been sitting around,
wondering what kind of good you can do for the world,
have I got an opportunity for you!

There's this family I know (to keep them anonymous we'll just call them "the smiths") and they are moving on April 25th. Saturday after this one. Starting at about 9 am.

They will most likely need some help with loading/unloading their moving truck. They will almost definitely need some help cleaning their house after they move everything out. If you are not busy, and if you want to score some good-guy points in Heaven...well, you are called to serve.

(If that's not enough, I heard through the grapevine that there will be free donuts and pizza!)

p.s. If you would rather help unload than load, we plan to be at the new house at 2:00 pm.

7 comments:

  1. Are you sure your not a car salesman?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would totally help if we were there! (And we wouldn't have even needed the free donuts and pizza!) I hope everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we could help! It is Graduation weekend so we are having lots of family over (my sister-in-law is graduating). But I hope it all goes well! Especially the cleaning - I hate that part, I don't mind the packing and moving and unpacking at all. It is the cleaning part that gets to me! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, yeah, we're always sitting around...

    Do you want me to come over on Friday (24th) after Eli gets out of school to help with the kids while you do stuff? Would that be helpful?

    I think Evan is planning on helping at 2 at the new place. Just send us the address - or Dave can give it to him at work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the move. If I didn't have to be at a Stake activity I would be tempted to come help just to come sneak a peak at the new house! Congrats and good luck with everything. We will have to plan a get together this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was totally planning on coming and helping you, but my husband has to work tomorrow. Maybe if you comes home soon enough I can help you clean after the move.

    ReplyDelete