Friday, April 3, 2009

bought the house

We are (finally) one step closer with the house. Let me tell you, working with the bank is not for the faint of heart! They are just sooo
s . . . l . . . . . . o . . . . . . . . . w. Anyway, last week the bank put the house up for sale, and we offered and counter-offered back and forth until we eventually came to an agreeable price. Our closing date is April 24-ish. We hope to move on the last Saturday in April.

If you are interested here are a few interior photos of the house:
This is the kitchen (it is no longer green, the bank painted it the same neutral beige as the rest of the house). The whole main floor has this same bamboo flooring. I like it. Also, you might notice that the pantry door is black. All of the interior doors are black. When Dave first described it to me, I was freaked out thinking how much of a pain it would be to repaint all the doors. But now I am used to it and I like that too.

Here is the master bedroom. (Not that exciting really, but I like the vaulted ceiling).

This is what made the kids want to move. Under the stairs in the basement is a little built in playhouse. If you look closely, you can see that Jill is leaning in through the window on the side. Molly loves it especially because it has its own light switch in the inside. Lots of fun will be had in there!

15 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!! I am so excited for you guys! I LOVE the black doors thing--no fingerprints to clean off!! Can't wait to see it! I wish I could come and help you move, actually I don't know how much help me and my brood would be--probably more of a hinderance than a help. I am giddy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous! It looks like a really nice house. Some day we will get to that point. If you need help moving, I am pretty positive that Richard could help. Let us know! Congratulations! I am glad that the timing worked out with you selling your house and the bank putting this one on the market in time! Yeah for you! Let me know when I can come and Oooo and Aaaah over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad it all worked out so far! It's just a beautiful house! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! I love it! We want to come see it! I keep asking Evan for updates! Let us help out with the kids when you move. Sarah just said she wants to play with your kids again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you were able to buy that house!!! It is so beautiful! Good things come to those who wait, it's weird that the bank was so slow. How many square feet is it? Does it have a garage? Do you have more pictures you could post?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a great house! Congratulations! That bank is slow, we did the same thing. What are the specs? I am very excited for you! When we moved into our house it was just so exciting! I know you are thrilled! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What a beautiful house. I can see why you didn't give up on it. It looks like a place you can grow old in. sigh... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I am so excited!! So, I just checked our schedule for the weekend of April 24, and we are going to be in Michigan (taking lessons with the U of M faculty/checking out the campus), so we can't help you guys move! But let us know if there's anything we can do before or after that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME!!!! We're putting bamboo floors in our house, too. Fun stuff. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for you guys! The house is awesome. Good luck with packing and moving. I wish we were there to help you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. JAmie and DAve! Soooo happy for you guys- IT's a beautiful home- and you totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I add my congrats too! I am very happy for you! The house looks great! I'm sure that little play area under the stairs will be a favorite among your kids for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited for you guys! And how wonderful that the timing worked out just right. Good luck with the move. And I'm sure the Murray ward will miss you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the house! So cute. You will be close to my school...so I may just drop in and say hi! We have family stuff on the 25th, or I'd totally come help clean (I don't think I'd be much of a mover these days!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shirl & George [Dave's grandparents]. We are too far away to help. But even if next door would probably be more troule than help. But over the decades we did help with a few moves in Utah for out kids. We moved last October after 25 years in one house. Now in a codo.
    Best wishes. Eat pizza and dount for us.

    ReplyDelete