I was so excited that I had to make her an all pink baby quilt.
I love to make quilts. I also love to finish projects. With the current demands placed upon me by my life, I feel that baby quilts are the best way to go. All the fun and creativity of planning and designing, and all the satisfaction of completing the project. Plus it's a nice handmade gift. Fortunately for me, so many of my friends and (finally) family are having babies that I am always supplied with an excuse to make one.
Molly has caught the fever and I am encouraging her to love fabric as much as I do.
I owe a lot of people thank yous for my quilting skills (which even if they are not much, have improved alot over the years!).Andrea keeps me on track, even when I feel like I have no time to sew.
Susie gave me my first quilting lessons in a BYU ward Enrichment.
Bethany showed me her cute baby quilt which gave me the idea for this one.
And Georgette has given me loads of fabric (some of which is in this quilt).
Thanks ladies.
Oh yeah, and thanks Coco for producing the niece!
Here is one more picture just cause I think she's cute.
Oh my gosh, I'm a celebrity! I remember giving that class, and wow, did you run with it! I have yet to finish my own kids' baby quilts. Yeah. J just turned 5 today. So sad.
ReplyDeleteI love the ribbon and ric-rac on this quilt--very cute and creative! Please share you secret to finding time to sew!
ReplyDeleteIt's such a cute quilt Jamie! And a really cute niece! Joan gave me some fabric, and I'm not as into quilting as I am into crocheting, but I don't know if I'll get it done before my baby comes. I may need to mooch off your talent and have you finish it for me. lol.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Quilt! Congratulations Coco! How's the house selling going?
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute quilt! Mad skills, Jamie. I can't wait til I start producing offspring. Wait, yes I can.
ReplyDeleteYay for Coco! How fun! And yes, I second the thing about not knowing how you have time to do things like that. Sheesh!
ReplyDeleteVery cute! I love the quilt you made for Malia. You are very talented. And I see there is another Aubrey that comments on your blog. I will just have to make sure you know it's me when I comment.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I love how you now have Molly helping out as well. Do you offer lessons to older kids at heart? Hope all is going well with selling the house.
ReplyDelete