Monday, January 5, 2009

Homeschool Biology

It is the beginning of the new year... time for resolutions.

I resolved to have a cleaner house. Dave told me that I could spend some money on a cleaning service (Merry Christmas honey, have a maid!) . So, I hired a cute friend from the ward who did a fabulous job on my cupboards and walls and blinds.

I began to feel much better, cleaner, more righteous somehow; knowing that there were less crumbs and dust and fingerprints in my life.

Since I was in a cleaning kick anyway, I decided to clean under the stove and behind the fridge. I thought I might find a few toys and a lot of dust bunnies, but I wasn't counting on this:



When it was all covered with dust I thought it was just a big chunk of toast...but as I swept it out from under the fridge, the truth was revealed.


Gross. Gross. Gross, gross, gross.

I was starting to feel good, but now I feel disgusting! How long have I even been living with this thing in my kitchen?

I don't know.

I have never cleaned under the fridge before. I may never again.

On the positive side, the kids got to look at a real mouse skeleton up close. We'll call it biology and count it for school time.

13 comments:

  1. Holy Moly!!! I can't believe that. Now I think I'd better go check behind/under my fridge, just to make sure. Ewww!! I'm amazed it didn't stink or anything, but I guess maybe by the time you moved in it had to have stopped stinking in order for it to look the way it does now. ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ew! That is disgusting and bizarre. At least it went to some good use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I don't even know what to say...except, how gross! And, still very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.
    My.
    Gosh.

    That is ridiculously nasty. At least you can pin down that it didn't die during a time you were pregnant, as you for sure would have smelled that. But I'm thinking that you should have smelled it anyway. The fridge didn't come with the house, did it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap! I just clicked on the pictures to blow them up (don't ask me why), and I must ask . . . is that some kind of worm thing IN the mouse carcass???????? GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is seriously cool and disgusting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is definitely gross, gross, gross! I wouldn't blame you if you never cleaned underneath the fridge ever again! At least your kids got a good look at a real mouse skeleton!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh great. When Christy said she blew it up, I had to also...isn't that a maggot crawling around in it? I'm dry heaving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUCK!!! Brent had one under his dresser when he left for college...you'll have to ask my mom about it sometime. :) Looks like a fun Christmas, if you know what I mean. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually don't comment on blogs - I'm more of a blog-stalker. But I can't help it. That has got to be the nastiest thing I have ever seen on the internet - hands down! I've even had a few porn pics pop up that don't even compare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool!!!! Maybe that smell wasn't Dave after all. We all have those weird things that show up in our houses and stalk in the corners that we never want to tell others about. My gross thing here was dried up ferret poop.

    ReplyDelete