but I have wanted them for such a long time!
So I talked Dave into it.
And we saved up our money.
Finally on the 18th I got my implants! Yay!!
Just so you are totally warned, I have posted some pictures.
See if you can guess which is real and which is fake...
You weren't expecting something else were you?!?
Oh my heck! That is so perverted!
Here is the before (one on each side):
The shiny blue and gold things in my mouth are the "healing caps", which are actually part 2 of the whole implant process.
Then a few months later you get the aforementioned healing caps which make your gums spread out to make room for the crown which is placed on a few months later.
The crowns are amazing. They look totally real. Even I have a hard time distinguishing which ones are the fakeys. And they feel totally real to my tongue too. It's so great chewing...I really missed having those teeth!
So thanks dear, for letting me be so selfish and spend all that money on my mouth. I'll make it up to you--I promise. (Maybe I should look into some of those other implants...)
I'm happy for you Jamie, You totally deserve it!!
ReplyDeleteYou so funny!
ReplyDeleteWe're saving up for me to get some dental implants, too. Turns out I still have two of my baby teeth, and they're really only supposed to last like 6-8 years, not 30. They're not holding up too well, so I've got to replace them.
I'm glad you like your implants!
Bwa ha ha! I love it! What a blessing dentists are. And your IOU to Dave reminds me of conversations we've had before regarding the Phillips post baby . . . ahem . . . figure.
ReplyDeleteI sooooo excited you have a blog. I just added you to my Reader. Nice implants by the way. :o)
ReplyDeleteI have an implant too! I thought it was fairly uncommon until a few years ago when I realized that I had quite a few friends that had it done.
ReplyDeleteHey, Andrea Goebel (whatever her married name is now) is pregnant again. I was on her sister Susie's blog and she is pregnant and said that two of her sisters are also.
ReplyDeleteJust thought you might want to know if you didn't already know.
Lisa Amott
Yay for the implants! I've always wanted a pair of my own. Oh, wait...you were talking about teeth?
ReplyDelete